Nonprofit Excellence Awards
Recipients of Minnesota Nonprofit Excellence Awards demonstrate effective accountability principles and specific management practices based on the fundamental values of quality, responsibility and accountability; as identified in the Principles and Practices for Nonprofit Excellence.
The Excellence Awards
MAP for Nonprofits introduced the Nonprofit Excellence Awards to Minnesota in 2003. Two Nonprofit Excellence Awards are presented each year, one to an organization with less than $1.5 million in annual operating expense, and one to an organization with $1.5 million or more in annual operating expense. These awards are based upon how closely organizations align with the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits’ Principles and Practices for Nonprofit Excellence.
Applications for Excellence Awards must be self-submitted by the organization and require advance planning and board involvement.
Nonprofit Excellence Award Recipients Receive
- The distinction of being recognized as a leader among Minnesota’s nonprofits.
- A video highlighting their related achievements.
- A one-of-a-kind art glass award, hand blown by Minnesota Glass Artist Robinson Scott.
- A feature profile of your organization in MCN’s Nonprofit News, reaching 10,000 nonprofit managers.
- Cash awards, $2500 for large organization recipient and $1500 for the small organization recipient.
Applications are due to MAP by 4 p.m., May 30, 2013. Board input is required — so act soon!
Applicants must be a Minnesota-based 501(c)(3) organization, at least five years old and have a local governance and management structure in place.
- A one page award application.
- A completed Principles & Practices for Nonprofit Excellence Self Assessment
- A two-page narrative about noteworthy achievements related to each of the ten excellence principles
- Verification that your nonprofit board chair and the majority of your board members have reviewed the Principles and Practices and have reviewed and verified the accuracy of the narrative
- A copy of your audited financial statements for the most recent year available
- A list of board members, with affiliations
- A copy of the organization’s 501(c)(3) verification
Submit your application materials to MAP for Nonprofits, 2314 University Avenue West, Suite 28, St. Paul, MN 55114 by May 30, 2013 at 4 p.m.